SEO Best Practices
How To Dominate Search Engines
It's not just the keywords, though.
The advantage of working with Eyecon is that we have access to paid tools that give us further insights. We can see keywords your competitors are using to direct traffic to their site, and we can even see how effective those terms are. We also have a couple wordsmiths who nerd out on data like this, and brainstorm ways to expand target keywords and incorporate them into content creation.
OK, but don't flood your page with keywords.
There are many moving parts when it comes to SEO, but keywords are the heart of it. Additional factors include:
- A clean, responsive website with fast load speed and good performance
- Accurate, unique, SHORT page titles that include targeted keywords
- Meta descriptions that accurately summarize pages
- Navigation bars that help users find the content they want, and help search engines understand what content you think is important
- Meaningful URLS that don’t use random numbers or letters
- Optimized images that are sized properly for web, named appropriately, with accurate alt text and descriptions
- Compelling, share-worthy content that earns backlinks or social media attention
We'll end where we started.
It’s easy to get caught up in keywords, and one might think more is better, but remember the ultimate purpose of your website is to be a tool for your clients. Craft thoughtful, well-written, entertaining, and/or educational articles with real people in mind. Be aware of search engines’ roles in presenting this content to your audience, but don’t write specifically for the robots crawling your site.
If you’re just getting started, Google’s SEO Starter Guide is an excellent beginner’s tool. It defines terms, how to view results, and how to get your site on Google.
LET'S BUILD SOMETHING AWESOME TOGETHER.
Tell us all about the journey. We’d love to hear about your new mission.